Current Job Postings
SUPPORT PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Join Westlock Independence Network (WIN) and make a difference in the lives of people with all kinds of abilities. Earn competitive wages and benefits at one of Westlock’s most respected social agencies. WIN is currently recruiting to casual positions. Could turn into full or part time.
The Community Disability Services Worker is a direct care community disability services role. The priority is to support and facilitate the development of skills and competencies that will assist adults and children with disabilities to pursue and fulfill their goals and aspirations.
Primary Activities and Tasks of the Role:
- Implementing person-centered plans designed to support individual development, community integration and contribution, social and emotional regulation and/or personal care.
- Assisting and supporting individuals to participate in a meaningful way in their personal life planning, establishing and maintaining respectful relationships within the community, supporting individuals to participate in employment, volunteer, recreational, and other social settings.
- Maintaining clear and objective records and preparing required reports and other documentation as needed. Being aware of and adhering to established policies and operational protocols; this includes medical protocols and standing orders.
- Understanding the community issues and opportunities while assisting and supporting the individual with general access to participate in the community.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and pursue their life choices through active participation and involvement in the community.
- A Disability or Human Services education from a recognized institution is preferred although relevant education and/or experience may be considered.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-orientated work environment.
- Effective communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of basic health and safety guidelines.
- Basic computer literacy skills, in accordance with the specific role and service requirements.
- Ability to work various shift schedules and in physically challenging situations, if required.
As a Community Disability Services Worker, your shifts could include days, evenings, weekends and shift hours will vary. The successful applicants will receive on-the-job training. Wages vary based on education and experience. Premiums apply for complex needs, evening and weekend shifts. WIN offers full and part time staff an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision care, shift premiums, employer-paid RRSP as well as other benefits.
Drop off or send resumes to:
10164 -107 Street
Westlock, Alberta T7P 1X3
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.